What is 3D Secure?
3D secure is a modern security system used in online credit and debit card transactions. Advantage of 3D secure technology is that it prevents the customer’s cards from being used online by other persons. In order to ensure security of transactions, every transaction is protected by non reusable ad-hoc codes and during the transaction, after card details are inserted that code is sent as an SMS message to the customer’s mobile number. Security of the transaction is ensured by inserting of that messaged one-time code by the customer. This code sent to the customer’s mobile number as an SMS message cannot be re-used (it is one time). It should also be noted that this service is free of charge and “Bank of Baku” debit and credit card holders can activate the service by contacting the Bank.
3D secure advantages for customers:
- Prevents any unauthorized online use of cards by other persons;
- Cards are protected by ad-hoc codes received only by the card holder;
- No need to remember another password or code to ensure security. One time ad-hoc codes are sent to mobile numbers during transactions;
If your online payment is equal to or exceeds 100 AZN following tab will open:
When this tab opens approval code is sent to you mobile number registered by the Bank. Only after you insert that code, the payment can go through.
Activating 3D secure:
- If the merchant is in the territory of Azerbaijan Republic and the transaction amount is less than 100 AZN, the code is not required, only a window requesting details of transaction will open (Confirmation window).
- If the merchant is not in the territory of Azerbaijan Republic and the transaction amount is less than 10 monetary unit, the code is not required, only a window requesting details of transaction will open (Confirmation window).
- If the user’s IP and merchant is not in the territory of Azerbaijan Republic, in any case (and for any amount) the code will be required.
How to activate 3D secure?
- Contact 145 Call Center:
- You can activate 3D secure by calling 145 Call Center. If you want to subscribe your main mobile phone number on the Bank’s Operational Program, the Call Center representative will activate the service for you. For a different mobile number you will need to visit one of Bank’s branches.
- Visit branches:
- You need to bring your ID document to the branch, fill out a special application form and activate the service.